The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Cancellation Of Gold Alert For Missing Lincoln Man July 1, 2020
- Gold Alert Issued For Missing Lincoln Man June 30, 2020
- Milford Police Request Public’s Assistance With Identifying A Shoplifting Suspect June 22, 2020
- Hartly Man Apprehended By Marshals’ Task Force For Attempted Robbery Incident June 22, 2020
- Cancellation Of Gold Alert For Missing Seaford Man June 20, 2020
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets