The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- **UPDATE** Milford Police Investigating A Shooting At Brightway Commons September 24, 2020
- **UPDATE** Gold Alert Issued For Missing Man September 24, 2020
- Gold Alert Issued For Missing Man September 24, 2020
- Milford Police Investigating Shooting At Brightway Commons September 17, 2020
- Milford Police Investigating A Shots Fired Incident September 17, 2020
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets