The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Incident With Handgun Results In Arrest Of Milford Man December 3, 2018
- Traffic Stop Leads To Drug and Weapon Charges For Harrington Man November 26, 2018
- Equipment Violation Leads To Drug Charges For Georgetown Man November 26, 2018
- Incident Leads To Weapons Charges For Milford Man November 13, 2018
- Milford Police Thank Our Veterans This Veterans Day November 11, 2018
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets