The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Delaware Technical Community College’s Georgetown Campus to Host Medical Supply Collection April 1, 2020
- Ellendale Woman Charged After Striking Two People With Vehicle In Parking Lot March 10, 2020
- Chief Brown Invites Milford Community To Discuss Future Building Plans March 9, 2020
- **Updated 3/7/2020** Milford Police Investigating Suspicious Vehicle After Student Contacted Walking To School March 6, 2020
- Milford Police Investigating Suspicious Vehicle After Student Contacted Walking To School March 6, 2020
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets