The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Milford Police Online Application Portal Is Temporarily Unavailable July 16, 2021
- Milford Police Investigating Shooting In Area of East Street and Northeast 4th Street July 16, 2021
- Milford Police Investigating Walmart Bomb Threat June 4, 2021
- Month Long Drug Investigation Results In Multiple Arrests May 21, 2021
- Milford Police Investigating Shooting On Truitt Avenue May 17, 2021
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets