The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Milford Man Apprehended On Drug Charges February 14, 2020
- Chief Brown Invites Milford Community To Discuss Future Building Plans February 10, 2020
- Milford Man Arrested On Gun Charges February 7, 2020
- Houston Man Charged With 5th Offense DUI January 27, 2020
- Traffic Stop Leads to Fugitive Arrests January 21, 2020
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets