The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Altercation Leads To Multiple Charges For Milford Man February 20, 2019
- Magnolia Man Charged With 5th Offense DUI February 12, 2019
- December Incident Results In Multiple Charges For Smyrna Man February 8, 2019
- Milford Police Department Requests Public’s Assistance With Identifying Theft Suspect January 29, 2019
- Chief Kenneth Brown Recognizes Several Members of the Milford Police Department January 29, 2019
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets