The Milford Police urges members of the community to not fall victim to one of the newest scams. The scam targets individuals that drive at least 200 miles a week in their personal vehicles. The scam states that these individuals could get paid for allowing companies to advertise on their vehicles with “wrapping”. They send you a check and ask you to cash the check on your personal checking account and ask that you send them a portion of the money back supposedly to cover the cost for the “wrapping”. You later find out that the check is fraudulent and the bank takes the money from your personal account, causing some accounts to be overdrawn.
Follow MPD via Email
- Investigation Into Suspicious Vehicle Leads To Drugs and Firearm Being Seized July 12, 2019
- Cancellation Of Gold Alert For Missing Milford Man July 9, 2019
- Gold Alert Issued For Missing Milford Man July 8, 2019
- Detectives Currently Investigating An Armed Robbery June 27, 2019
- Pair Of Investigations Lead To Multiple Charges For Milford Man June 24, 2019
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets