Milford Police Department is asking motorists to use extra caution today as drain grates struggle to keep up with the amount of rainfall occurring. This is causing some minor street flooding along the edges of some streets and can lead to a condition known as hydroplaning. Hydroplaning occurs when a vehicle’s tire can no longer channel water out of its path and rides up on top of the water, thus removing the ability to steer or brake. The condition can lead to traffic crashes. Please slow down and watch for standing water for the safety of everyone using the roadways today.
Follow MPD via Email
- Milford Man Apprehended By Marshals’ Task Force For Reckless Endangering Incident May 1, 2020
- Gold Alert Issued For Missing Milford Juvenile April 7, 2020
- Delaware Technical Community College’s Georgetown Campus to Host Medical Supply Collection April 1, 2020
- Ellendale Woman Charged After Striking Two People With Vehicle In Parking Lot March 10, 2020
- Chief Brown Invites Milford Community To Discuss Future Building Plans March 9, 2020
Follow MPD on TwitterMy Tweets